Migration as a Vector of Economic Losses From Disaster-Affected Areas in the United States
- Found areas impacted by a disaster suffer additional economic losses due to out-migration from the affected area
- Migration of people out of the impacted areas temporarily reduces spatial inequality
Using Prevention Research to Reduce Racial Disparities in Health Through Innovative Funding Strategies: The Case of Doula Care
MPC Member: Judy Temple
- Presents innovative ways that cost-benefit analysis can help direct private and public funding to support doula care for Black women and others at risk of poor birth outcomes
Are Supervision Violations Filling Prisons? The Role of Probation, Parole, and New Offenses in Driving Mass Incarceration
This project benefited from our short-term RA service!
- Most incarcerated persons are behind bars for new sentences. Just 1 in 8 on any given day is locked up for a technical violation of community supervision alone.
- Strategies to reduce prison populations must look to new criminal offenses and sentence length.