- Youth violence
- Early childhood development
- Life course epidemiology
- Health and social policies outcomes on children and families
Allison’s research interests focus on finding interventions that improve social and health inequities amongst children and adolescents and bringing them to scale. She is particularly invested in interventions across the life course to break the cycle of intergenerational Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs). She has a particular interest in youth violence prevention and also in early childhood development. Allison’s current work utilizes Minneapolis Police Data and examines how neighborhood disadvantage influences recent spatial-temporal trends in crime.
Allison is a PhD student in Epidemiology. Broadly, she is interested in consequential social epidemiology and using the data to improve child health programs and policies. She joined the MPC as a Population Health Predoctoral Trainee in 2022. Allison is a pediatric nurse practitioner and has practiced as a clinician since 2004.
- Lind, A., Surgue, E. P., Sherwood, N. E., Cook, C. & Mason S. M. (2021, November 8). Rapid Deployment of School-Based Mental Health Providers During the COVID-19 Crisis [Poster Presentation]. Minnesota Population Center Building Interdisciplinary Collaborations for Population Dynamics COVID Research, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.
- Lind, A., Surgue, E. P., Sherwood, N. E., Cook, C. & Mason S. M. (2021, October 24-27). Rapid Deployment of School-Based Mental Health Providers During the COVID-19 Crisis [Oral Presentation]. American Public Health Association, Annual Conference, Denver, Colorado, United States.
- Lind, A. (2017, May 2). The State of the Union: Pediatric Malunions, Delayed Unions and Nonunions [Oral Presentation]. Pediatric Orthopaedic Practitioners Society Annual Conference, Barcelona, Spain.
- Lind, A., Latz, K., Sinclair, M. R., & Williams, D. D. (2016, April 27-30). Should Obligatory Call Schedules Become a Thing of the Past? The 2015 POSNA Membership Survey Regarding Trauma Care [Oral Presentation]. Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America Annual Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States.
- Lind, A. (2014, March 11-14). Pediatric Foot Deformities: Pearls for the Primary Care Provider [Oral Presentation]. National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Annual Conference, Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- Plotnick, B. & Lind, A. (2010, April 15-17). Impact of Childlessness on the Health of Older Americans [Poster Presentation]. Population Association of America Annual Conference, Dallas, Texas, United States.