The MPC provides proposal development assistance to member researchers upon request. Members receive assistance on determining the proper funding mechanism, crafting compelling arguments, developing clear and manageable research plans, creating biographical sketches and other necessary forms, budget preparation, assembling the final proposal, and guiding the proposal through the University bureaucracy.
Request MPC Grant Services
We request that all investigators who plan to submit one or more proposals through MPC in the next twelve months please fill out the MPC Grants Intake Form. Once we receive this form we will contact you to set up a meeting to establish a timeline for submission and to understand which MPC grant proposal services you wish to use.
While we are very excited to work with our members to secure sponsored funding for their projects, please be aware that due to the volume of grants we are submitting, we may not be able to provide the full suite of our proposal development services to PIs who contact us less than one month before their proposal is due to the Office of Sponsored Projects.
Program Development Grants
The MPC offers seed grant funding to assist members in developing competitive grant proposals to support population research.
- NIH - Grants.Gov
- NIH Office of Extramural Research - Types of Grant Programs
- NIH Standard Due Dates for Competing Applications
- NIH Office of Extramural Research - SF 424 (R&R) Application Guide
- NIH Office of Extramural Research - Parent Announcements
- Center for Scientific Review - Study Section Roster Index
- RePORTER - search NIH funded research
- NSF - Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide
- SPA Proposal Deadline Calculator
- UMN Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- UMN Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training
For additional information regarding proposal development support, contact email@example.com.