GIS & Mapping
The MPC provides assistance with database creation, spatial data integration, spatial analyses and measurements, and geospatial tool development. Our Spatial Analysis Core also offers workshops that illustrate how to use and manipulate MPC spatial data within a GIS.
By providing researchers with highly-skilled staff using the most advanced development tools available, the Spatial Analysis Core can make many new research projects feasible. Support services include:
- User support for NHGIS and MetroGIS DataFinder.
- Support to identify, acquire and integrate population data with other geospatial sources.
- Assistance with spatial and statistical analysis, including the application of geostatistics, segregation indices, hierarchical linear modeling, spatial modeling, spatial autocorrelation measures, proximity analysis and nearest neighbor routines, as well as areal interpolation techniques.
- Consulting on cartographic display and design and assistance in displaying geographic data on the web and in print.
- Creation of maps that may be used for publications and professional presentations.
- Access to a warehouse of geospatial tools that are under development by the Core, including software to integrate MPC boundary file data, census microdata and aggregate data, and other spatially-referenced data, such as disease data.
For more information regarding MPC GIS and mapping services, please contact David Van Riper.