IPUMS Research Awards
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
We are pleased to announce the 9th annual competition for the best research papers using the IPUMS microdata collection. Papers or publications submitted should utilize IPUMS-USA, IPUMS-CPS, IPUMS-International, NAPP, or IHIS to study social, economic, and/or demographic processes. We are looking particularly for papers that use innovative approaches, comparative analyses, interesting variables, or multiple IPUMS datasets.
Cash prizes will be awarded in two categories:
- Best published work
- Best work by a graduate student (published or unpublished)
The deadline for submitting papers or publications is Monday, February 13, 2017. To nominate a paper for an award (self-nominations are welcome), please e-mail a PDF of the paper to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IPUMS Research Award Submission.” In order to be considered for a cash prize, all emails must contain the following information:
- Corresponding Author's Name
- Corresponding Author's E-mail Address
- Corresponding Author's Institution
- Full Title, or Citation if published
- The IPUMS dataset(s) used for the research
- Is the corresponding author a graduate student?
- If not a student, what year paper published (and if online or print)
- Where is IPUMS mentioned/cited in the paper? Note: Please do not submit if IPUMS is not cited
- Your Name (If not the author)
Note: If sending a book, please address to:
Attn.: Rachel Magennis
Minneapolis Population Center
225 19th Ave S.
50 Willey Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55455
You can find a list of our previous IPUMS Research Award winners for reference.