What we do
The Spatial Analysis Core facilitates the development of new tools and methodologies for the analysis of geographic datasets. Core services include help with database creation, spatial data integration, spatial analyses and measurements, and geospatial tool development. The Spatial Core also develops, for MPC members, maps that may be used for publications and professional presentations. Additionally, we offer both user support for existing databases and 2-day workshops that illustrate how to use and manipulate MPC spatial data within a GIS.
Who we are
The Spatial Analysis Core includes a team of geography researchers under the direction of Spatial Core Director David Van Riper.
Participants in the Spatial Analysis Core Advisory Committee include:
- Brad Carlin, Division of Biostatistics
- Will Craig, Center for Urban and Regional Affairs
- Steve Manson, Department of Geography
- Robert McMaster, Department of Geography
- J. Michael Oakes, Division of Epidemiology
- Myron Orfield, Institute on Race and Poverty
If you are an MPC member and would like to make use of Spatial Analysis Core services, please contact David Van Riper (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.